This Month's Topic
There are no upcoming events.
Members - $20 Early-Bird Savings! Up until 6 pm Friday before the meeting.
Non-Members - $35
All At The Door - $35
CIPA Monthly Meetings
Why Attend A CIPA Meeting?
If you're interested in independently publishing your book, this is the place to be! You'll have the opportunity to meet other authors, editors, printers, designers, marketing experts and more! Our featured speakers are noted professionals in the publishing and business community.
CIPA's monthly meetings are all about community. Our members come to meetings to learn and network with fellow members. There's a lot of collective knowledge in the room! Newcomers to publishing can make expensive mistakes if they don't know the questions to ask. CIPA members have been in the same boat of "not knowing what they don't know" - and are willing and eager to share their expertise and experiences. Two networking breaks are usually scheduled so members can meet, mingle, and learn.
Featured speakers are publishing and marketing professionals on such topics as publicity, online and traditional media, book marketing, book design, distribution, and printing.
8:00 - 8:30 a.m. - Meet & Greet w/ Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - CIPA News & Introductions
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Keynote Presentation & Networking Break
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Round Table Sessions & Networking Break
- CIPA meetings are held on the third Saturday of September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May. In December we have a Holiday Potluck party for members and guests.
- Doors open at 8:00am for registration and continental breakfast. Meeting begins at 8:30 am and end at noon.
- Meeting locations may vary. For the current meeting’s location, please see the current month’s registration page.
Questions? Email our Executive Director or call: 970-315-CIPA (2472)
Opportunities for connecting
- Star Time is the time of the meeting for author members to stand up and tell the group what's happening with their books - it's all about good news. Maybe they'll share their newly published book or a special event they've got planned. Maybe they were featured in a magazine or on TV.
- Are you a service provider new to CIPA? Meetings are an opportunity to network and find new business.
- Service provider members also have an opportunity to stand and give a one minute description of their services. Authors have an opportunity at the networking breaks to talk to these publishing professionals. These pros may become part of your publishing team!
- Roundtables usually follow the speaker's presentation and are an opportunity for members to ask additonal questions of the speaker and other experts. CIPA's associate service providers are asked to host roundtables to answer questions about editing, book design, marketing and more.