This is a recorded event that took place January 21, 2017.
Turning the Page: The Role of the Editor
To open the new year, we started 2017 with a new panel series entitled Turning the Page. Throughout the year CIPA will bring together experts from all aspects of the publishing process for an in-depth panel discussion, Q&A, and workshop. January 2017, a panel of editors shared everything you’ve always wanted to know about the editorial process from development to proofreading.
Editors are often the unsung heroes of the publishing industry. What do they do? How do they work with authors and collaborate with other publishing professionals? How do you choose a good one, and do you always work with the same editor? How necessary is editing, really?
Watch CIPA’s January 2017 meeting to discover the answers to these questions and more:
- how to find the perfect editor for your manuscript
- where to find an editor and how to hire one
- how the industry is changing in a digital age
- when to bring in a writing coach or ghostwriter
- different types of editing and editors
Our discussion panel was comprised of local editors to discuss these topics and more. Panelists included:
- Melanie Mulhall, Dragonheart Writing and Editing
- Tom Locke, Tom’s Touch
- Alexandra O’Connell, Your Resident Wordsmith
- Check out their full bios here!