This SATURDAY (May 16th, 2020) Join Us for Indie Publishing “Unmasked”: How Indie Publishers Survive and Thrive in our New World Reality.
CIPA’s MVP Panel (Mike, Veronica and Peter) will share what indie publishers need to do to market and sell their books during and after the impact of COVID-19.
- You’ll learn the pros and cons of working with Amazon and/or IngramSpark for Print-On-Demand (POD) to sell books to the public and to retailers and how quick-turn, short-run digital and longer run offset production provides the margins you need.
- Discover publishing industry resources for indie/self-publishers.
- Get a quick overview on postponed and cancelled regional and national events for 2020.
- Learn about “free stuff” available to publishers and authors from industry partners and new initiatives being launched to promote indie publishers.
- Get updates on legislation to protect author copyrights.
- Learn how Bookshop.org competes with Amazon and how your book(s) can become available through them.
- Realize how important it is to effectively use eBooks, websites, social media and online platforms.
…and much more.
The meeting start promptly 9 a.m. Please login in 5-10 minutes prior to check your equipment.
May 2020 Signature Contents
Notes from CIPA:
CIPA Member News:
- Corinne Brown – Finding Home named Finalist in the 2019 Western Writers of America SPUR Awards
- Price Colman – just released Second Skin
- Bill Thompson – The Experiments won a bronze medal in the IPPY awards for horror.
- Carol McIntyre – I Just Want to Paint! won an award from the Independent Press Award
- Janice McDermott – released her memoir, Resilient, My Life Story
- DJ Hill – Homespun Mercies wins gold in IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards and silver in both Nautilus and IPPY Book Awards
- Joni Franks – Sagebrush and Butterfly Creek Flood earned awards in Book of Excellence and Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Amy Rivers – All The Broken People wins gold medal in the 2020 Independent Publishers Book Awards
Do you want to Submit a Piece for a Future Edition of the CIPA Signature?
Visit our Submissions page for more details and the form to send us your news or article!
The views expressed herein are not those of Colorado Independent Publishers Association, its officers or directors. They are solely and completely those of the author. The Colorado Independent Publishers Association will not be held liable for any legal action resulting from information published in this newsletter, and the organization’s insurance will not cover any such action.