By: Mary Walewski
Did you win a CIPA EVVY book award? How do you get some well-deserved publicity for your book and the award you’ve won? Here are 5 ways to get some well-deserved publicity:
- Tell everybody you know and celebrate! Then, write a press release that includes what the award is, and why you won it. If you attended the ceremony, include your photo taken at the ceremony.
- Send the press release out to your local newspapers, alumni association, and any other organizations you belong to in your area of expertise.
- Post your good news on your blog, website and any social media you belong to.
- Update your cover photos to include a cover of your book with the award on the cover. (Digital EVVY images and EVVY stickers for your book are available in CIPA’s online store.)
- Announce it in your ezine, if you have one.
- Link to any publicity from CIPA’s website and blog.
- Post your press release on press release websites like PR Web. (Some are free and some are fee-based.)
- Add the award to your book’s descriptions on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, etc.
- Update your publicity information on your website’s media page to include your award.
- Add the award to your email signature.