Keren Kilgore has been publishing books for authors for over three decades. Her expertise ranges from all phases of the writing and editing process, author coaching, cover design, interior layout design, print account setup, book launch and marketing. She is gifted in helping you be seen and heard. She holds writing workshops online and in person.
Her Book Publishing Packages include the following:
- Author Coaching – Coaching and Consulting via Zoom that covers one or more of the following:
- Content strategy and focus for the book
- Your why and what you want the book to accomplish
- Establishing a production schedule for the book that works for you
- Flow of the content of the book to ensure a good experience for your reader
- Identifying the demographics of your target reader and market
- Review of the book content from an editorial perspective
- Character development in relation to story flow
- Establish the purpose for each section and chapter of the book
- Check-in with production timeline goals for the book
- Review of a portion of the final manuscript for coherence and flow
- Answering any questions about publishing or your book content
- Encouragement to get you to the finish line
- Anam Cara – Soul Friend Read – An Anam Cara/Soul Friend read of your manuscript is a high-level evaluation and analysis of your manuscript that encompasses the following. It is not a developmental edit. It covers:
- Structure | How the story advances; how characters are introduced and developed; pace of the story.
- Story | Goal of the story is clear; voice/perspective clear and strong; plot development; elements the book may need such as more sensuality, suspense or action.
- Mechanics | Recurring grammatical issues; effective word choices; good use of adjectives and adverbs.
- Mission | Does the book have more to say and if so, determine where.
- Genre | Follow the accepted conventions for the genre.
- An Anam Cara/Soul Friend read of 2 specific chapters is also available.
A Professional editor will work on your book refining the writing; organizing the flow of content, creating a table of contents; proofreading for grammar and punctuation while keeping your voice and tone; reference checks, copyright page content, author bio, author offerings in back of book.
Basic copy editing: Correcting problems of grammar, style, repetition, word usage, and jargon. Copy editing includes one revision at no additional charge. Turnaround time is typically is three business days.
Heavy copy editing: This goes deeper than proofreading. Heavy copy editing strengthens weak sentences and tightens up the flow and style of the writing throughout the entire manuscript.
Developmental editing: Developmental editing – Intensive, substantive editing that looks at the big picture, organization and strength of the book. The document is evaluated as a whole and problems of structure, organization, coherence, and logical consistency are corrected. Sentences may be removed or added. Paragraphs may be rewritten, condensed, or expanded. Blocks of text may be moved from one section to another. We look at pacing, characters, tense, plots, points of view, and dialogues. Developmental editing considers all the aspects of a manuscript that make the book readable and enjoyable. Because of the extensive nature of this form of editing, it is more time-intensive and costly. However, it is worth the investment if you are serious about succeeding as an author.
- BOOK PUBLISHING
Actual production of your book including
Book Cover design (3 design choices + 2 rounds of edits)
Book interior layout (3 rounds of proofing and minor edits)
eBook version (based on final approved layout)
Style Review of 3 chapters of the book for writing strength and content issues
ISBNs – print + ebook version
Print account setup
- Book Marketing and Promotions | per project – this could include any of the following:
- Book Launch marketing plan
- Amazon Best Seller List marketing plan
- Social Media setup
- Social Media posts about the book, book content, and latest news on the book’s subject
- website design for the book
- flyers and bookmark design
- Author Pages
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- over 50 other marketing options
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: LTCMedia