This recorded meeting presentation took place on Saturday, May 16, 2020 via the Zoom Meeting Platform in accordance with the CDC and local government officials COVI-19 guidelines.
Indie Publishing “Unmasked”: How Indie Publishers Survive and Thrive in our New World Reality
CIPA’s MVP Panel (Mike, Veronica, and Peter) will share what indie publishers need to do to market and sell their books during and after the impact of COVID-19.
- You’ll learn the pros and cons of working with Amazon and/or IngramSpark for Print-On-Demand (POD) to sell books to the public and to retailers and how quick-turn, short-run digital and longer run offset production provides the margins you need.
- Discover publishing industry resources for indie/self-publishers.
- Get a quick overview of postponed and canceled regional and national events for 2020.
- Learn about “free stuff” available to publishers and authors from industry partners and new initiatives being launched to promote indie publishers.
- Get updates on legislation to protect author copyrights.
- Learn how Bookshop.org competes with Amazon and how your book(s) can become available through them.
- Realize how important it is to effectively use eBooks, websites, social media, and online platforms.
…and much more.
Video Runtime: 2:19:42