SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – THE 25th CIPA EVVY AWARDS OPEN THIS SATURDAY, live at the meeting, at 10am! Be the first to hear the details at the meeting!
ALSO – next month’s meeting is March 23rd, 2019.
Join us in February for Melissa Serdinsky’s presentation titled Distribution for the Independent Publisher.
Indie publishing and bookselling is a craft. Publishers work hard to define their voice, create interesting content and rally their community of readers. Distribution is the key to growing any successful program no matter how you measure success. Just like independent publishers, distribution comes in all shapes, sizes and services and finding the right fit for your program can be overwhelming or even detrimental.
Please join CIPA in welcoming Melissa Serdinsky, former Vice President of ICG Services, Ingram Content Group, for a discussion on navigating the distribution landscape.
Here are just some of the items Melissa will cover:
- the differences between distribution and wholesale
- services offered by both
- responsibilities of an indie publisher in the relationship
- and much more.
Come with questions, opinions or experience and let’s demystify distribution together.
Please join us for this information filled meeting on Saturday, February 16th!
As part of CIPA’s new membership plan, if you have joined or renewed your existing membership on or after June 4, 2018, you can come to a CIPA meeting to pickup your free copy of Copyright Clearance for Creatives!
About Melissa –
Melissa Serdinsky has been working hands-on in the bookselling and publishing universe for over 30 years. She started at BookStop #1 in Austin Texas and was soon drawn to NYC publishing, She worked in a variety of roles ranging from advertising assistant at Macmillan Publishing to acquisitions manager at Sterling Publishing. She moved to Colorado in 1999 with her now husband with no job but a strong desire to get back to “normal” living. She found her publishing family at the Perseus Books Group (PBG) in 2001 where she put all the tools in her toolbox to good use. During her 15 years at PBG, she developed an industry-leading digital print program, ran a lean manufacturing program for several NYT bestseller publishing including Basic Books, Da Capo Press and PublicAffairs, and oversaw a content creation team of project editors, interior designers and epub tech geeks. Melissa now works independently with publishers to figure out their operational pain points so they can get back to doing what they enjoy most as a publisher or as a person.
- Distribution Strategies – Melissa Serdinsky, former Vice President of ICG Services, Ingram Content Group Ask your follow up questions at Melissa’s roundtable.
- Interested in submitting your books to the CIPA Evvys? – Dr. Patricia Ross, 2019 CIPA EVVY Chair coordinator, Past President of CIPA and Publisher for Hugo House Publishers Visit with Dr. Ross about how to submit your book. What do you need to be prepared for? You will also come away from the discussion with a good idea of what categories to enter. By entering the correct categories for your book, you increase your chances to win!
- New You, New NOW: What’s on y our plate for the next distribution success? Ingrid Pyka, Past President of CIPA, Board Member, owner of Beyond Strategy Business Coaching and Consulting
CIPA's monthly meetings are all about community. Our members come to meetings to learn and network with fellow members. There's a lot of collective knowledge and support in the room! Note additional Guest Names in the checkout notes.