Come to CIPA’s February meeting to discover what librarians look for in purchasing books. What criteria do acquisition librarians use to decide what to buy? What do you need to do to build demand for your book in the library market?
Beyond the library buying your book, are there opportunities to speak and hold other events – readings and even workshops – at your local library?
- Can your local library become a gateway to selling your book?
- Who should you approach?
- Should you write a proposal?
- Can you charge for your event?
- What else do you need to know?
Our discussion panel is comprised of local public librarians to discuss these topics and more. Panelists include:
- Stacie McKenzie, MLS. Host of Channel 8’s Off the Page, Reference Librarian
- Shelley Walchak, Executive Director, Pine River Library District-Bayfield, CO, CIPA Member, Author – 52 Rivers, A Woman’s Fly Fishing Journey
- and more . . .
Rounding out the presentation will be round table discussions with our experts.
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. – Meet & Greet w/ Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – CIPA News & Introductions
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Keynote Presentation & Networking Break
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Round Table Sessions & Networking Break
Note: CIPA has no affiliation with the Church of Scientology.