For our first membership meeting of 2019, we are fortunate to welcome Liz Duckworth in her presentation entitled Speaking Without Freaking.
This interactive, participatory workshop focuses on both internal (mental and emotional) and external (physical) aspects of successful public speaking. Learn how to improve your talks and presentations and discover how stage fright can work for you in speaking about your book.
Please join us for this lively session on Saturday, January 19th!
As part of CIPA’s new membership plan, if you have joined or renewed your existing membership on or after June 4, 2018, you can come to a CIPA meeting to pickup your free copy of Copyright Clearance for Creatives!
Speaking without “Freaking”
Selling books requires that you present them. No matter which audience you’re in front of, you need to have developed a presence—your author persona.
This can translate into success in front of any crowd of people you’re speaking to from a book club group to a large audience expecting a dynamic keynote.
Liz Duckworth is an actor, a public speaker, and an educator.
Hers is a hands on, interactive presentation designed to help everyone who attends be more ready and able to present their book—to any audience.
- You will learn how to improve your talks and presentations using techniques from an actor’s toolbox: improvisation, audience connection, preparation, and the power of your personal energy.
- Discover how “stage fright” can work for you and not against you.
- You’re going to learn how both internal (mental and emotional) and external (physical) aspects of successful public speaking can enhance your presentation of your book.
- You will grasp and practice tools for effectively reaching an audience using creative teaching methods and fun practice activities.
- This session will be lively and dynamic, yet very practical and applicable, aimed at speakers from every level—beginning through experienced presenters.
Liz Duckworth is a published author, book editor, and part-time actress and historical re-enactor. She has more than four decades of acting, speaking, and education experience and currently acts professionally with Red Herring Productions, especially Poker Alice Tubbs. Her book Poker Alice Tubbs: The Straight Story was released by Filter Press in 2018. She has also authored books on writing, youth group drama, a memoir, and children’s books. She is CEO and the entire staff of Creede Creative, a publishing services resource.
CIPA's monthly meetings are all about community. Our members come to meetings to learn and network with fellow members. There's a lot of collective knowledge and support in the room! Note additional Guest Names in the checkout notes.