This Saturday, February 16, 2019: Distribution Strategies for the Independent Publisher. Indie publishing and bookselling is a craft. Publishers work hard to define their voice, create interesting content and rally their community of readers. Distribution is the key to growing any successful program no matter how you measure success. Just like independent publishers, distribution comes in all shapes, sizes and services and finding the right fit for your program can be overwhelming or even detrimental.
Please join us for this lively session on Saturday, February 16th!
SAVE THE DATE: Next month our CIPA meeting will be Saturday, March 23rd, as Blake Street will be closed during the 3rd Saturday of the month in March for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Meeting details coming soon!
February 2019 Signature Contents
Notes from CIPA:
- A note from Bob Schram, CIPA’s president
- Meet Your New CIPA Executive Administrator, Cheryl Callighan
- CIPA ELF Needs Drivers!
- Book Out of Print? – by Joe McDaniel
- A Book, Well Designed, is a Work of Art – by Mark Graham
- Why the Developmental Edit is One of the Hardest Things You’ll Ever Do – by Alexandra O’Connell
CIPA Member News:
- Author JONI FRANKS will be presenting her award-winning book collection
- Annalisa Parent, writing coach, author, and publisher, was recently featured on four segments of the nationally syndicated PBS show Creative Life
- A party: I will be signing my new book, Mister Moffat’s Opus
Want to Submit a Piece for a Future Edition of the CIPA Signature?
Visit our Submissions page for more details and the form to send us your news or article!
The views expressed herein are not those of Colorado Independent Publishers Association, its officers or directors. They are solely and completely those of the author. The Colorado Independent Publishers Association will not be held liable for any legal action resulting from information published in this newsletter, and the organization’s insurance will not cover any such action.