Join CIPA Today!
Are you looking for help to publish your book professionally and
stand out amongst the thousands of books published each year?
The Colorado Independent Publishers Association (CIPA) is an organization of independent publishers, authors, authors-to-be, and publishing professionals working together to publish quality self-published books.
Membership opens doors to many publishing opportunities, and members have saves thousands of dollars in costly mistakes and been more successful promoting their books.
CIPA can help you…
- Learn how to become an independent publisher
- Find the resources and strategic partners needed to publish your book
- Network with publishing professionals, authors, and relevant service providers
Successful publishers and authors belong in CIPA!
Author Members - 10 Reasons to Join CIPA
Authors who have formed a publishing company but only publish their own books can join as an Author Member.
- Monthly meetings—Our monthly meetings offer expert industry professionals geared to jump start your writing, publishing, or book sales. CIPA also offers online webinars throughout the year and in the summer months!
- Free advice—Each monthly meeting ends with a series of roundtables. Our roundtable hosts are here to help answer your most pressing publishing questions.
- Early bird sign-up discounts for CIPA meetings and events. Members also get discounts in CIPA's online store.
- Members discounts for the annual CIPA EVVY Awards—Enter your book in our book competition! The CIPA EVVYs honor the best of indie publishing by providing an independently judged competition in various genres and technical categories.
- Access to Associate Service Providers where you can find the best of the best in editing, book cover design, layout, marketing, printing, and more.
- Trade show opportunities—CIPA members can promote their books at such industry trade shows as Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association (MPIBA), Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL), and others.
- Vote at membership meetings—Members’ voices count with CIPA!
- Free print subscription to Foreword Reviews magazine.
- Network with your Peers—Meet and greet like-minded writers, authors, and industry professionals.
- FREE marketing for your book by submitting your news to the CIPA Signature blog, which is distributed to members and non-members alike and has over 1,000 followers! Are you on Twitter? Tag @CIPABooks in your tweet so we can retweet and boost! Then announce your book signing to the CIPA Brigade!
Investment: $ 75 annually
Associate Members - 9 Ways CIPA Is A Good Investment
Associate Members include publishing professionals who offer their services to authors and publishers - editors, designers, printers, marketing consultants, etc.
- Attend monthly meetings—Coming to CIPA's monthly meetings puts you in direct contact with members and guests. You'll meet prospective customers and learn more about book publishing from high-caliber speakers. Save $10 by 6pm the night before.
- Do a presentation at a monthly meeting—Speaking of high-caliber speakers - be one! Are you an authority in your field? If you are interested in giving an information-based presentation, contact the Program Chair with your idea. The goal is not to advertise your specific business, but to educate the members in your specialized field.
- Host a CIPA Webinar--Like our monthly presentations, you webinar should be educational for our members and also give you an opportunity to shine as the expert you are. Contact our Executive Director to get the details.
- Volunteer on committees and/or CIPA's Board—You know it's true: the more you put in, the more you'll get out of your membership. Email us here to see where you can volunteer your time and talents. Try it, you'll like it!
- Submit an article to the CIPA Signature blog—Write an information-filled article in your area of expertise and submit it to the newsletter editor here for inclusion in the CIPA newsletter and blog. Keep it informational, not salesy. Showing your expertise is actually a better way to get the phone to ring!
- Host a meeting roundtable—CIPA roundtables are designed to help anyone with any genre, with any question, simple or complex, for new writers and publishers as well as experienced authors and publishers. Are you an expert in your field? Contact our Program Chair for consideration to host a roundtable.
- Prominently display your marketing materials—A designated Associate Service Provider table is set up at each meeting where you can display your flyers, one sheets, business cards, or other marketing materials. That's nine chances to get your company in front of our members. The more members that see your information, the more business you attract. Think ‘Law of Numbers’!
- Add a free download to the CIPA Store--This could be a free ebook, report, video, checklist, etc that offers useful information about your area of expertise. It should include your contact info so people can get in touch with you.
- Showcase your services—A designated Associate Service Provider Directory is hosted on the CIPA website, not only for our members to see, but for anyone doing a web search. Our analytics show that 50 percent of our web visitors come from search engine results. Get listed, get seen, get business!
Investment: $ 120 annually